10 April 2008

One comma down...


I need to start carrying a Sharpie marker with me, but a regular old black pen works just as well, I suppose. This morning, I struck back in the fight for proper punctuation. I may well find myself banned from the ARCO in Danville, CA, but it'll be worth it. You see, after I added the comma and put the pen away, I realized I should have gone "whole assed" (to quote Jamie Buchman from "Mad About You") and added a period at the end. I'm already plotting my next trip to the ARCO.

4 comments:

Doubtful Muse said...

You are my new hero. But, in addition to a period, you should also have put a comma after "code." I'm just sayin'...

Nanci said...

Point well taken! The next time I buy gas, I will do my best to rectify the situation. Then, I suppose I'll have to visit their 5 or 6 other pumps in time, too, so they will all be grammatically correct. I'm def. heading for a lifetime ban from the ARCO...

The Joffes said...

While you're at it, could you slash all those cap letters to show that they should be lowercase?

Nanci said...

You know, *I* would do it, since I read copyediting marks, but I'm afraid the general public would be clueless - so, though it does pain me, I'm going "stet" on the caps. Perhaps they'll hire me to edit or consult on future signs though, and I promise to fix it then!